Tele-Rehabilitaion at Woodland Physiotherapy
What is Tele-Rehabilitaion?
A TeleRehab appointment is an encrypted online video call (preferably with a laptop, but tablet / phone is fine too!) through the Jane Online Booking platform.
It allows your physiotherapist to have a face to face conversation with you, with the option to do screen shares to show you video's of exercises, and other online educational media that might be useful for you, which your physiotherapist can save and send to you.
So much of what we offer as physiotherapists is advice - but with the video, we can also do a visual objective assessment which can give your physiotherapist an opportunity to give you specific advice to address your issue, as well as demonstrate / explain the advice more clearly.
If you have questions about whether TeleRehab is right for you, send us an email to: email@example.com.
Who is Tele-Rehabilitation for?
For any patient who is unable to travel to the clinic or for those who are immobile or vulnerable to infection or exposure during the current uncertain times and when there is a collective need for social distancing.
We are commited to providing high quality and impactful physiotherapy services via TeleRehab to support you during these uncertain times.
What can be done during a TeleRehab
Physiotherapy Assessment and Consultation
Progression and Development of Treatment Plans
Exercise Prescription, Progression, and Modification
Education and Answering Questions
How Do I Access TeleRehab?
To Access TeleRehab you will need either:
1) a smart phone or tablet with a camera and audio available.
2) A computer with internet access. You can use the link from your appointment reminder email OR log in to your online Jane account by clicking here.
For more detailed instructions on how to get set up for your appointment click this link.
To Prepare For Your TeleRehab Session...
We Recommend that you have the following things in place:
1) A working internet connection and your phone, latptop, ipad/Andriod video and audio enabled device ready and a surface to leave it on so that you can move around freely.
2) Workout clothing. Be ready for your physio session by dressing in clothing you can move in as your physio may ask you to move and/or demonstrate specific movements on screen. Shoes or non-slip ground if barefeet. Your safety is important to us and we want to make sure you are safe from slips and falls during your appointment. In addition, try to wear clothing that is simple without complex patterns (no plaid or polka-dots!). The reason being that sometimes it can slow down the video call if your computer is constantly having to render the complex pattern on your clothing! If possible also wear clothing that contrasts with your background so that your therapist can see you clearly.
3) Collect your self-care equipment! These include balls, foam rollers, resistance bands, exercise mats, weights and anything else you use at home for exercise.
4) Have room to move! Make sure you have enough space to move. Everyone's home is different but we recommend making enough space so that you have at least a few feet or free space to move.
5) A (relatively) quiet environment. As much as possible, make sure your surroundings are quiet and calm so that you and your physiotherapist can focus during your session.
6) Be ready to learn, and be empowered to move better!
What should I expect to happen at a TeleRehab session?
TeleRehab session occur over the PhysiApp online video conferencing service. We are able to provide certain physiotherapy assessments and treatments via the app and provide instructional exercise programs including how-to videos and visual feedback. TeleRehab also allows specific assessment of injuries which can inform guidance for self-care and/or further action that may need to be taken regarding your specific issue.
How long is a TeleRehab assessment and treatment?
A typical assessment is one hour long and includes documentation of your history and careful consideration of how best to proceed with treatment, exercise, and/or self-care. If you have already seen your physiotherapist, treatments are typically 30-minutes long.
Is TeleRehabilitation covered by my health insurance provider?
In many cases yes, but plans differ and we advise all clients to check with their insurance provider to confirm coverage.
Is my information kept private?
Your privacy is important to us and we want to assure you that our TeleRehab services provided via PhysiApp are secured with 256-bit AES encryption for audio and video service that meet the standards of Canadian Privacy Law.
Your therapist will not keep or have access to any video recordings from your call. Documentation occurs in the form of electronic chart notes that your physiotherapist will keep secured and private on our electronic online system. Your online exercise program will allow you and your physiotherapist to track and modify your exercise program remotely.